Tuesday, December 7, 2010

concentration update

The central idea of my concentration has changed to the idea of hiding and revealing faces.  I used different lighting and shadows in a dark pool to veil or accentuate my subjects face. In my first photo, my subject's face is almost completely blacked out, and in my second, only half of her face is visible underwater.








I am going to have trouble with the quality of the photos if I keep using a disposable underwater camera, so I am going to have to borrow or buy a legitimate underwater camera.  I also want to find a way to better control the lighting in my next works by possibly putting studio lights above the pool that im shooting in. I've been successful in my first few works by limiting the color scheme, but I think it will become more difficult to
stay within these limits the farther I move into my next concentrations. 

2 comments:

  1. I think that the hidden and revealed identity of the figures is a successful idea that you shoudl continue to pursue. I also like the surreal feeling of all of these works. It engages the viewer to relate to the experience of being under water in an altered reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran across this photo on the Today website and it reminded me of your Concentration works. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40725682/ns/today-today/displaymode/1247/?beginSlide=1

    ReplyDelete